Monday, December 29, 2008

Meniscus Monday

Why can't I have exciting injuries?

For real. It's embarrassing to be limping around with a knee cap twice it's normal size and have to say, when asked what happened:

"I was walking across the Publix parking lot and something popped."

Seriously, why can't I have an exciting story like I had to leap over a fence to save a kitten or puppy from some horrible danger and although, yes, I felt my knee blow out like a tire on Ralphie's father's car, I ignored the pain until the kitten and/or puppy were safe.

Or: I was climbing Grandfather Mountain (why not Everest - FPS you know that'd be lie) and slipped on a patch of ice.

Nope. Just walking.

So now instead of just going to an orthopedic doctor, I have to get an appointment with my primary doc (wasting her time, my time, depriving another patient of an appointment, and wasting my co-pay) just so she can shrug and say, "go see an orthopedic doc". Then I get to try to get an appointment with a new doc and pay an even bigger co-pay.

It's annoying.

Thor sez: No, what is annoying is your insistance that your knee brace isn't a good chew toy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about knee problem and hope you are better soon. Mine went out when I went to turn around to sit on the toilet!! So I told everyone I had been kicking a soccer ball. (Recovered with just therapy, hope you are that lucky)
When I had neck surgery a few years back, I had to wear the 'collar' for 2 months. I got so tired of answering the question, "Oh, my goodness! WHAT happened?" with the 'boring,' "Nothing, I had surgery." So, I just started saying: "Bungee jumping!" It was a lot more fun.

JanetLee said...

hmm. Guess my walking across the parking lot isn't such a bad story, huh?

Anonymous said...

No matter what it is I always say it is an "old sex injury". Heh.

I guess you can update my URL to: http://charlestondailyphoto.blogspot.com/

My old site ain't coming back.

Happy New Year to you and Jason and the cats!

JanetLee said...

Joan - Happy New Year to you!

Anonymous said...

The 'sex injury' response is a great one! Hilarious (and yeah, the whole Publix thing is WAY better than the toilet possibility!). I do hope it isn't anything serious, and can be resolved with therapy - so good luck.

Happy New Year to you guys.